{Real Parties} Luca’s Radiator Springs Car Themed Birthday

Before I begin, I thought I would mention that this is a photo overload post!

Luca’s 2nd birthday party was back in November and I have just today finished editing the photos.  Not something I am proud of, but a little indication of how many photos I take and how far behind I am in processing them all.

As Luca neared two, he became obsessed with cars and Disney’s Cars, especially Lightening McQueen!  The party theme was obvious for him.  His party was held in the gymnasium of our Church since the New Jersey weather is usually too cold for an outdoor party in November.  I also like to give the kids plenty of space to run around which means they stay occupied.

I designed his invitations to look like Pit Passes complete with lanyard.  I included one pit pass in each envelope per child, and they were encourage to wear them to the party.

I covered the walls of the gymnasium with a Radiator Springs scene setter and strung checkered flag pennant across the room to create the perfect atmosphere.  It took Luca’s father, my dad, and I 2 hours to hang all the pieces and we finished at 1am the night before the party.  It’s funny how quickly all of the decor gets disassembled though.

Cars Birthday Party 19

When the girls and boys arrived, they went to the Courthouse to get their official Radiator Springs Driver’s License, complete with tire print (fingerprint).

Cars Birthday Party 48
Cars Birthday Party 49

Next, they went to Lizzie’s Curio Shop where they designed their own foam fingers that there parents would use later at the Grand Prix Race to cheer them on.

Cars Birthday Party 45
Cars Birthday Party 10

I created cut outs of some of the main characters and placed them around the room.

At Tow Maters, the children were given hooks with a magnet on the bottom and went fishing for auto parts, gasoline tanks, and mufflers.

Cars Birthday Party 41

Another activity was ‘Fix the Road’  I cut black foam board into various shaped pieces and the children worked together to help Lightening McQueen fix the broken road.

Ramone’s Body Shop offered car-themed tattoos and a car painting activity.  I placed various colored paint with a racecar in each tub at the table.  They children took the car and rolled it on the paper that was placed in a shirt box to prevent mess and spillage.

Cars Birthday Party 56

Fillmore’s featured various themed beverages includes Fillmore’s own organic fuel (water), Rusteze bumper ointment (Pepsi & Diet Pepsi), and Champions Champagne (sparkling apple cider).

Cars Birthday Party 36
Cars Birthday Party 35
Cars Birthday Party 33

Guests went to Flo’s for all their food.  Sally’s Cozy Cones featured snacks such as peanuts, chex mix, and popcorn.

Cars Birthday Party 30

Another activity table featured traffic cones and a road drawn on white butcher paper with cars for the kids to drive around.  There was also wooden cars to colors.

Cars Birthday Party 44
Cars Birthday Party 42

I purchased a pop up tent in the shape of Mac the Truck.  The kids loved it!  At one point, I think all 13 of them were trying to squeeze in.

Each guest table was covered with a checkered black and white design and a strip of black butcher paper for a raceway.  I ran out of time and never drew in the white street lines when someone pointed out that a raceway doesn’t have street lines (okay, that’s the story I’m sticking too!)

Cars Birthday Party 39
Cars Birthday Party 37

Sarge’s Surplus housed all the guest party favors.
Cars Birthday Party 51
Cars Birthday Party 50
The adult guests received a candy filled gas pump dispenser. I created a Dinoco gas logo sticker to cover the generic one the pumps came with.
Cars Birthday Party 66
The children each received a burlap colored racing flag bag filled with treats including Cars fruit snacks, a wooden race car, coloring book and crayons, Speed Dough (Play Dough), car bracelet, bouncy ball, lip gloss (for the girls), and an oil can water squirter.  They were also encouraged to take home some of the many cars that were all over the tables.

Cars Birthday Party 53
Cars Birthday Party 64
Cars Birthday Party 57

The main event was the Grand Prix Race.  My amazing dad created cars for the kids to race.  They were the hit of the party!
Cars Birthday Party 16
Cars Birthday Party 13

You can see pieces of the ‘Fix the Road’ game here
Cars Birthday Party 12

Even the smallest guest took a test drive!
At the end of the race, each child received a trophy.

Cars Birthday Party 9

For dessert, I baked a German chocolate cake in the shape of the number 2, and turned it into a racetrack.  I also made cupcakes in red velvet, carrot cake, and devils food flavors.

Cars Birthday Party 3
Cars Birthday Party 8

Every birthday party in the family has my Mom Mom’s (grandmother) famous Italian cookies.  This year, she passed the recipe on to me.  Big shoes to fill, but there were only a few left so I think they were a hit!

Cars Birthday Party 5

Shortly after blowing out his candles, Luca fell asleep sitting up eating icing.  Poor little guy – I think he had fun though!

Cars Birthday Party 2

Click here for additional photos.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

53 Responses to “{Real Parties} Luca’s Radiator Springs Car Themed Birthday”

1. Brittany says:

ADORABLE! Great activities!

2. Vanessa says:

Super cute!! Just wondering where you got all your cars themed printables? I didnt see them in this shop. Thx :]

3. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Vanessa here is my email so we can discuss our Racecar collection danielle@bellezaeluce.com

4. […] that Kate Landers of Kate Landers Events and Stylish Children’s Parties has featured our Car’s Birthday Party.  I find her work inspiring and it is wonderful to hear such kind words about the party from […]

5. Melissa Thiel Collar says:

LOVE, LOVE this party! I am doing the same theme for my son in September. As luck would have it, I have many of the same favors and decorations that you do. However, not the cute labels on the drinks. Did you make those? Are they available for purchase? Also, where did you find the trophies and the tag around those? I LOVE those and would be interested in getting those for the race as well.
    Congratulations, it looks amazing!

6. Mrs. Wonder says:

I bookmarked this for my son’t birthday- his nursery is Cars and we will have a Cars themed birthday for when he is two! I LOVE the rug, I see Kohls used to sell them so now the hunt begins… awesome party!

7. nancybreslin says:

awesome party! i was thinking of doing the same for my son’s 5th. how did your dad make the cars! i am trying to do the same!!

8. Melissa says:

Hello-
    Thank you for the labels. They are adorable and great quality! Just wanted you to know that I posted a link to this party on my new blog. If you want to check it out, here is a link:
    I hope the end result turns out half as cute as your party.
    Take care!

9. I finally got the pictures up from my son’s Cars party. Thanks again for the great labels :) I think they really added to the party.

10. This is just downright incredible.

11. Tish says:

Are you willing to share the Fillmores and Rusteze labels with another mom having a Cars themed Bday party?

12. Bebe says:

I am planning a cars theme birthday party and was wondering where you got those gum dispensers and the labels. This is such a cute party!

13. Brooke says:

I am planning a Cars themed party for my child. I would love to purchase the lables. I would greatly appreciate your input on where you purchased your favors and the trophies. Thanks for your time!

14. Tori says:

Hello, I am planing a cars theme birthday party for both my boys age 2 and 6. I love the way you did your party and would like to see about purchasing some of the labels you used. I would to find out where you got the trophy labels and other labels you used on your items. If you can, please email me.
    Thanks

15. Nichole says:

I am trying to plan a party for my son’s 3rd birthday and would love to have the labels if you could please let me know how I could go about getting them, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

16. jade says:

hi …I am planning a cars party…I love all your ideas. but i would love to get the labels, invititations and pit crew bands? How can I order them or where to get them?

thanks

17. Jennifer says:

I am trying to plan a cars 3rd birthday party. I love your creativity and talent. I am interested in the labels for the drinks, candy, gifts, etc… How can I order them or where can I get them?
    Thank you so much!!

18. Belleza e Luce says:

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, the labels are not for sale. We are currently in the final stages of a Race Car Collection that we hope to launch mid-month.

19. Jennifer Klinger says:

Any update on when the Race Car Collection will be available. Last post said mid-month which was in November. Would love to purchase!!

20. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Jennifer,

We are working on the photos for the entire collection and fell a bit behind due to prepping for the holidays. A post with photos of all the items available will be posted on the blog.

21. Kelly says:

Hello, I’m putting together a cars party for my son who will be 2. Would love to know where you got all of your labels or if you would be willing to share them. Your party looked amazing! Thanks so much! Kelly

22. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Kelly,

I’m so glad you enjoyed the Cars party. I designed them for my son’s party and unfortunately are not available. Thank you for understanding.

23. Jenna says:

I’ve been SEARCHING for a nicely done Cars themed party…..this is the BEST I’ve seen. You say you have a “Race Car” collection coming out soon in your shop. Is that available yet?

Thanks!
    Jenna

24. liz says:

I am planning a cars party for my son and was looking to find the labels you used are they available? My email is gidget1280@cox.net

25. Jamie says:

I was curious if your car collection was complete and available for purchase? Thanks so much and fantastic work!

26. Amy says:

I am also wondering about the labels for the drinks. Saw on another website that they were purchased here but can’t find them. amygrano@gmail.com

27. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Jamie,
    The Start your Engines is complete and available in my shop.

28. Belleza e Luce says:

Unfortunately, the labels that I created for the party are no longer available.

29. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Jenna,

Yes, the Start your Engines is now available! You can find it here.

30. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately, the labels are no longer available. I do have a new Start your Engines Cars Collection that is available in my shop and includes water bottle labels.

31. Angela says:

Hey! Everything looks fabulous!! Can you please tell me how you made the Sally’s Cozy Cone snack “cones”? They are a great idea!

Thank you so much!!

Angela

32. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Angela,

There is a great paper treat cone tutorial on HWTM blog. You can find it here.

33. Kacie says:

Hi,

I love your invitations, but did not see them in your store? Are you selling them or did you get them from someone? Your party looks fabulous!

Thanks!
    Kacie

34. Brianna says:

hii i was wondering how you made or printed the rusteze label for the sodas. my sons 5th birthday is coming up and i really love the label:)!!

35. amanda says:

How did you make your invitations? I LOVE those!

36. tawny says:

Hello,

I love what you did with the design of this party. It’s tough to do something stylish and original when your child wants a party with licensed characters and you pulled it off beautifully! I am wondering how you did the invitations? Both front and back as well as getting the holders for the “pit pass.” Thanks!

37. Kristen says:

Where did you get the foam fingers? Great job!

38. Annie says:

such a great job! where did you find the cone cups?

39. Rosie says:

How can I buy the Ruzteze label n filmore label?

40. eisen says:

you did a great job with his themed party, wondering where you got all the themed prints?

41. Lidia says:

where did you get the rust-eze printables?

42. Brayandi Edwards says:

I love this!!!! Would it be possible to get the link to the labels or possibly purchase them from you?

43. Lindsay says:

Hello,
    I am trying to put my sons 1st birthday together and i just love the soda ideas you have. Where can i find something like that?

44. Irene says:

Where can I get the beverage labels?

45. Teresa says:

Just found this on Pinterest. LOVE your ideas! How can I purchase the labels and other items? My son is turning 5 and wants a Lightning McQueen party this year.

46. Laura says:

Where did you get your Rust eze labels? thanks.

47. Melissa says:

This is amazing! Where did you get the labels for the drinks and the cone cups with straws and all the signs for food etc?
    Loved looking at your photos! My sons birthday is coming up and this is the theme we are using he LOVES cars!!

48. Yajaira says:

This is fabulous. I do have one question though… Sally’s Cozy Cones really caught my attention did you buy them or make them yourself? If you did make hem could you possibly let me know how they’re absolutely great and I would love to know how to make them .

49. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Melissa,

I’m so glad you enjoyed the party design; I created all of the items used at my son’s party. Due to trademark, copyright, and licensing laws, I am not permitted to offer them for sale. I do have a generic race car collection in my Etsy shop that has many similar items and designs that can be used to enhance a Disney theme.

50. Belleza e Luce says:

Hi Laura,

I created the Rust-eze lables, however they are not available for purchase due to trademark, copyright, and licensing laws. Thanks for understanding