With the holiday season officially over, I thought I would jump right into 2011 with an inspiration board designed for a children’s Valentine’s party.
I tend to keep Valentine parties on the simpler side, focusing on friendship, crafts, and activities, and keep a color palette of red, pink, and white. I based this inspiration board on our new printable Valentine Hearts invitation, now available in our Etsy shop.
Tips for hosting a Children’s Valentine’s Party:
- Two to 2 1/2 hours is plenty of time for the party.
- If the party will be held on a weekday, schedule it for immediately following school, so it will be over before dinner-time and not too late that homework cannot be completed.
- Decorate with felt hearts strung together with baker’s twine. Create various length strands to hang from ceilings, chandeliers, and drape across windows or mantels.
- Invest in a good quality white cloth tablecloth. You can easily change the look for different occasions by adding table runners, chargers, or placemats.
- If your party will include crafts, place butcher paper over your tablecloth and remove when done so your space is neat and clean for enjoying sweets and treats.
- Always offer a healthy treat in addition to the fun cupcakes, cakes, and confections. Fruit with a yogurt dip is a wonderful choice.
- Rather than sending your little guests home with more sugary treats, a friendship bracelet created by your child will certainly be more meaningful to their friends and appreciated by their parents!